About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Speechless

This morning I was in the kitchen calling the Beauty Shop when Mom came in for breakfast.  She smiled, as if to say "Good Morning", but instead, she sweetly said, "Does Johnny know you tell other men that you love them?".  Startled, I responded, "What?".  She smilingly repeated, "Does Johnny know you tell other men that you love them?".  Color me "Speechless".  I ended the phone call which was still ringing and hurriedly handed her her morning meds.

The rest of the day was totally uneventful.


Just a reminder to me of how very fragile our situation really is.



5 comments:

  1. That is sobering. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, where the heck did that come from wow! They say we always hurt the ones we love so I think your Mom loves you a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roll with it, if you don't laugh, you'll cry :-)

    This week in front of staff, Dad told me "your sister is in jail" I said really, what for? "she robbed a bank" he replied. Do you want me to bail her out I said. Nah he said, let her learn her lesson.....??????? Roll with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so does he?

    Just kidding. Yes, the fragility of the situation is evident, but so is the love you pour into it. You and your husband are doing a very.good.thing.

    I agree with Aging Fifty ... Enjoy the lighter moments for what they are.

    ReplyDelete