About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Once upon a time. . .

Once upon a time, in a land not far from you, 
there lived a village of people.  The people of
 this particular village were a little unusual, only 
because they all lived together in the same house.  
Here is one of their stories. . .

We were getting ready to go to church Sunday morning.  I took Mom's morning pills into her.  She took them then told me, very matter of factly,  "I had a heart attack during the night".

OK.

She felt fine at the moment as the pain had come and gone  by this time, still we felt a trip to the ER was in order.  To my surprise, Mom agreed with the plan, as long as she was allowed to shower and put on her makeup before going.  Agreed.

We (Mom, Me, and Lil' MaMa) spent Sunday in the ER and by sundown Mom had been nestled into her third floor room and I was settling in for the night with her.

Lil' MaMa was a lot of help by diverting Mom as I got her signed into the hospital, bringing dinner to me and also going home to pack a bag to bring back to the hospital for me.  Sometimes it takes a Village.  Mister stepped up to care for HK,  which freed  Lil' MaMa to assist me, which gave me the complete independence I needed which enabled me to tend to my Mom.  Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE my Village?!

Mom was in good spirits, even with the constant blood draws.  The night went smoothly and by noon on Monday she had been given the all-clear to go home.  All her tests had returned perfectly and it was decided her chest pain had been an episode of reflux.  AND, Mom doesn't seem more confused or "set back" at all by her hospital stay, which has been an issue in the past.

By Monday evening all was once more calm and peaceful in the Village.
And the people of the Village rejoiced.


4 comments:

  1. The people of a far away village are rejoicing with you for all the blessings of your village and that your dear Mama is cleared and was cooperative through the processes. High 5 to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Thank you from my village to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely story. You tell things so well with such a good sense of humor. Glad all is well in your village. Thanks for sharing. Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. So glad that you stop by to visit my Blog. It always makes me feel "supported"!

      Delete