About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

March Rewind.

March 2014.
Rewind.

Mom, my sister and me
in Tulsa at HK's birthday party.
*As a child it was always said that I looked like my Mom and my sister looked like our Dad.  As the years unfold I see things changing and it seems to me that the three of us are all beginning to resemble (I'm in the solid red.).  Interesting observation.

Mom with her oldest grandson (my son).
Taken in Natchitoches, LA on a Day Trip.

Mom with grandson and his wife.
Taken while they were in LA visiting.
(They live in WA state.)

Mom playing with HK
while riding in the car.

It's been a month of of going & doing.
Mom has even exceeded my expectations of what she was able to do during the month.  She travels wonderfully by car and enjoys the outings. . .Conversation is a growing obstacle for her but she enjoys being with everyone and enjoying the sights.  You probably noticed in one photo she was wearing two pink blouses.  Not sure what that was about, and I didn't even ask.  Perhaps the outer blouse was meant to be a jacket.  Not sure.  Overall it's been a very good month.




1 comment:

  1. The clothing layering is normal for dementia patients. My mom did the same thing and sometimes the colors will clash. At least your mom looked put together but the day will come when the jacket will go on first, then the blouse and then the bra if she lives long enough. Colors won't have anything in common. My mom was "the fashion lady" before dementia. But they lose all of that with dementia. Also she'll get where if she likes something she'll want to wear it every day. Mom had a purple outfit that she wore for a week. I'd have the nurses sneak it out at night to get it washed. Finally I took it home as everyone was tired of seeing it, but I made sure she was buried in it as she made it abundantly clear she wanted to wear it daily.

    ReplyDelete