About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Alien visit


I went across town to check out a possible Adult Day Care facility for Mom.  I had called to talk with a worker two weeks previous to the visit, yet when I showed up it was like I was from another planet and talking a language they had never heard before.

No.  They didn't "do" day care.

The woman I had talked to was on vacation and no one else had the slightest inkling what I was talking about.  I'll mark this off my list of possibilities.  My list is growing shorter by the day.

I am now looking for someone who can be a paid companion to Mom for 8 hrs each week; someone to take her out to lunch and to the beauty shop, and also to be her buddy at the Senior Center for one morning.  Requirements?  Responsible, kind, and have their own vehicle.  Someone over 40 would be preferable.

Gonna get out my knee pads and pray hard for the right person to come along.
Quickly.

6 comments:

  1. Now that I'm retired, I would do it in a heartbeat if I lived anywhere near you~

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I are going through something right now with his elderly mom who is 89 and VERY forgetful. She lives alone and I cannot have her move in with me...my marriage would suffer...I couldn't do it. I know this sounds awful, I know it does but, my husband is the youngest and the family dynamics with the two of them would drive me nuts. He has other siblings who do not live around here and are not willing to help at all. So, we are trying to figure out what to do...I think it will get ugly before it gets better....I commend you. You are my hero.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family dynamics are a BIG deal and you're wise to consider it. We all "do", we just "do" in different ways. I hope the siblings can all figure out a solution that everyone can feel good about. I just have one sister so agreeing on what and how things need to be done is not an issue for us. We tend to agree on almost everything.

      Delete
  3. You ARE a hero and I will join you in prayer for a companion! That's basically what I do for Mother on Fridays. Not 8 hours though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thank you for praying with me about this. I just KNOW the right person is near - I just need to find them.

      Delete