About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Coming Soon.


We are happily plodding along getting closer to August with each day. When I look at the calendar I'm reminded of how far we have come, considering Mom was living alone, in her own home only 6 months ago.  Amazing to look at all the changes that have been made.  Sad, on the one hand, that the changes were necessary, but happy, on the other hand, that Mom has gone through "deep water" and has emerged in a "content" state of mind.  It would be VERY hard for any of us to make the changes she has had to make, let alone make them when you don't understand the "why" of all the changes.



With the coming of August brings the dreaded "6 month court date", Aug. 5th, to be exact.  We don't mind making the drive to Tulsa, or even going to court, but we (my Sister & I) are concerned that Mom will be very stressed by going back to the courthouse, dealing with her attorney, etc. etc. The court will be  inquiring as to how things are going, asking Mom how she's doing, and looking over her financial statements [to be certain we have not made off with her money].  I get it.  I understand it.  But, I'm not sure Mom will.  Oh-How-We-Wish she didn't have to deal with the courts.  My sister is under the impression that we will do this again next Feb (6 months) and after that we won't need to appear in court any more; only our lawyers will need to appear once a year and provide the proper financial documents.  I sure hope she's right!



1 comment:

  1. Hope things went well for you Monday. I said a little prayer for you, your sister and your Mom. Let us know the outcome. I know it was stressful for all but are now on your way home with happy news. Blessings, Ann

    ReplyDelete