About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday


Sunday dawned sunny & bright.
Mom did not.
Usually she is up early, but this morning I woke (?) her up at 9:00 to get ready for church, as is our usual habit.  She moved slowly.  She ate her breakfast slowly.  I detected a "reluctance" on her part to get ready to go.  Lil' Mama told me that Mom had grumbled to her about going to church this morning.  *smile*  Have you ever felt like that?  I sure have...

Still, we made it out the door and into church.
Mom, Lil' Mama & HK, Me and Mister, filling our little pew.
Afterwards we went to lunch at Mom's favorite place - "Captain D's".
She was all smiles.

Sundays take a little more effort to get us all up, ready, and out the door, but it's always worth it!

I Bet you'll LOVE this!!

2 comments:

  1. I sure have too. Most times, I realize, those are the days I needed it most. Glad captain D's could bring a smile to her face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sundays too. We have a great preacher and our Bible Fellowship class is very close. We have wonderful friends there. Thanks for the song. I need to find his CD with that song and just listen to it constantly. Glad your mom enjoyed her lunch and ya'll were able to have a good day. Blessings, Ann

    ReplyDelete