About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Monday, July 22, 2013

Twist & Shout!


That's what I want to do!
"Twist & shout" with joy!
Mom is doing great!

She has been working on a new project for
several afternoons.


When she is finished we will take them to a local
nursing home to give to the residents.

The finished project will have a ribbon through
the top so it can be hung over a door knob.


The project came in a box with all the supplies needed
to make 24 crosses.  She is making two boxes (48 crosses)
.to brighten someone else's day.
Each box was $4.99 from Walmart.
(I share this info so if anyone else wants to do the same
it will save you time from searching.)






8 comments:

  1. Those are so cute!! I use to do stuff like that all the time in Sunday School and missions with children and even in 5th grade school at Bible Heritage. I got them at Oriental Trading for a really good price, but I've used Hobby Lobby too and a few times Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brings back memories, doesn't it?
      I'm always looking for ideas.
      Thanks for mentioning Oriental Trading, Judy.

      Delete
  2. so cute, its great she has found some new hobbies, theres so much out there now like this, really great kits, she will have lots to keep her busy for a great price.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom has always had a heart for people in Nursing Homes. For many years she has visited people there faithfully. This is a continuation of actually what she has done for years, just in a different form and location.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you are finding those creative ways for your Mom to occupy her time and bless others at the same time. (The peaches and cream looked wonderful.) And really, really happy for you that you are in a happy place.

    Twist and Shout?!!! I think you should "just do it."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My waistline could use some "Twist & Shout". Know what I mean? LOL BTW, the dessert was GREAT!! See, even more reasons that I need to "Twist & Shout".

      Delete
  4. I am so glad things are going well for you and your Mom. You are doing a wonderful job. Blessings, Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann. I'm always glad when you comment - so encouraging and uplifting to me.

      Delete