About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Monday, July 1, 2013

Dare I say it?

Things are moving along quite calmly now.
Mom has eased back into a routine and most of the time she seems happy.  Not "happy, happy, joy, joy - Happy", but rather a "comfortable, contented, peaceful - Happy".  She is pleasant, calm, and satisfied most days. I am thankful to my core that she is doing so well.

Tomorrow will present the first possible "stress-er" since she has been back with us - she has a doctor appointment with her neurologist.  I won't tell her about the appointment until this afternoon, as she will worry about it if she knows very far in advance.  This is the doctor who prescribes the strong combo of ALZ meds, and he is also the doctor she saw while she was in the hospital a couple of months ago.  She seems to have forgotten all about that hospital stay and I'm hoping that seeing the doctor will not stir up the past memories that left her so angry with me.

Mom and I had a good afternoon crafting 4th of July Favors.  Perhaps after her doctor appointment we can take them to give out at the Nursing Home.  I think she'll enjoy this and it might get her mind off the doctor visit. 

 Here are the door hangers we made.

Wish us Luck!



3 comments:

  1. awww, its so nice ti hear things are going smooth, thats a great craft too, what a wonderful idea, she looks like she's enjoying it as well, does she know you blog about her?Iwas curious how she felt about it, tell her I wish her well and I think she always looks so nice,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie!
      No, Mom doesn't know I blog about her.
      I never link to this blog on FB so I feel her privacy isn't jepardized, as those who read this blog are few, and none actually know Mom personally except for my Sister, and 2 other very close family members. I also blog about this as it helps me to personally find perspective - writing about things is how I process things. I also feel that if the situation were reversed I wouldn't mind that my daughter blogged abt me if she didn't share it with people in my own personal world.

      Delete
  2. I bet the peace and calm is making you feel some happy, happy. Hoping that today's doctor visit goes well and things continue to stay settled.
    Those 4th of July favors are so cheerful. It's great that you are thhinking of ways that benefit your Mom and others (and you, too.)
    Happy 4th. I would venture a guess that Haylee Kate will be wearing a really big sparkly 4th of July bow.

    ReplyDelete