About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Flying Colors!

Mom's doctor appointment went off with "flying colors"!  

The appointment was hands-down the best doctor appointment I have ever been to with her.  She was a little on edge to begin with, but by the time we arrived she was in good spirits.  She welcomed me to go into the doctor's office with her, which is usually a BIG issue.  Mom was smiling and mostly upbeat as she visited with the doctor.  She told the doctor she wished she could live in her own house, but that both her daughters were very good to her, etc. etc.  I couldn't wait to get home to call my Sister to tell her!! The doctor left her on all her current meds and she doesn't need to see him again for four months.

It is so good to see my Mom smiling and content.
"To God be the glory great things he hath done"!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

After the doctor appointment we went to the nursing home 
to leave the crafts we had made for the residents.



Mom had fun working on these and I hope they brighten the holiday for others.

Have a Happy, blessed, and safe, 4th of July!



No comments:

Post a Comment