About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Happy/Sad

Today we are prepping for Easter dinner.
I planned all sort of fun "prep" work that Mom could participate in; she loves to be "busy"



Such a fun time,
working together in the kitchen.

Then, a box arrived from my Sister.
It was full of some needed clothes from Mom's closet in Oklahoma.  She was thrilled to open the box and see her Spring clothes...Then the tears began to flow.

When the past merges with the present it is always an emotional time.
I can understand that adjusting is not easy.

Happiness.
Sadness.
Most days are a mixture of both,
but most days are more happy than sad.
Life changes from moment to moment when one has dementia.







4 comments:

  1. oh my, thats so bitter sweet, but she will be so happy to be part of the family, I'm sure, on her "good" days, take care, I keep you in my prayers because you are the one struggling, she probably forgets her bad moments quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a lovely Easter, Laurie.
      Things are going very well here today!

      Delete
  2. That is such a mixed bag of emotions. I loved to see the pics of her, though, helping with Easter preparations. Happy Resurrection Day to you all~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelly!
      How did things go on your court date?
      Have I overlooked a message from you?

      Delete