About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Grumpy Bear


"Did you wake up Grumpy"?
"No, I let her sleep in."

This little joke made me smile the first few hundred times I heard it.  Actually it still does at times.  Today was a day when Mom was "grumpy".  She didn't feel her best early in the day and it seemed to set the tone for some grumpiness throughout the day.

It began when she came into the kitchen for breakfast and announced she had decided to no longer take her meds.  Her shins ached and she was sure it was a reaction from the medicine.  Noooooooo!  (*insert scream here)  The doctors worked magic several months ago to get her meds balanced just right.  Skipping or not taking meds is not an option.  I didn't use those words, but I gave her my best "sweet sell pitch".  By the time the Cheerios were gone from her bowl she had agreed to take the pills.  Crisis averted.

Today included a trip to the beauty shop for her, and lunch out afterward.  She was offended when I opened the door for her, telling me, "You kids think I can't do anything for myself, not even open the door!".  I pretended not to hear the remark.  Later, she groused about not being able to carry her debit card, AGAIN.  We have had this conversation several times lately.  Today the conversation ended as I tried to explain to her that it would be best to spend some cash (from her purse) in the Dollar Store, rather than use her debit card. She told me I was bossy, then decided not to buy anything.

Yep.
It's been a day for "Grumpy Bear".

2 comments:

  1. you must be very tired at the end of the day,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully when you gave her the explanation about the cash, you weren't already at the checkout. Bless her heart. And bless your heart. You're so patient.

    ReplyDelete