About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Monday, February 11, 2013

Boogy-man

We (my sister and I) received what we think will be the final court date for our Guardianship for Mom.  I'm carrying a mixed bag of emotion upon hearing this news...

I'm happy.
I'm sad.
Mostly I'm afraid.
Afraid of the dementia boogy-man who is lurking.

                                           "What would you do if I sang out of tune,
                                          Would you stand up and walk out on me?
                                          Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
                                          And I'll try not to sing out of key.
                                          Oh I get by with a little help from my friends,
                                          Mmm,I get high with a little help from my friends,
                                          Mmm, I'm gonna try with a little help from my friends".
                                                                       
                                                                         ~John Lennon, Paul McCartney

4 comments:

  1. You do have 'a little help from your friends' by way of prayer support and encouraging words. I think of you every morning and every night as I say my prayers.
    Trust God. He has a plan. It will come to pass. Nothing comes to stay. You can DO this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our court date for us to get guardianship of my mother-in-law and father-in-law is next week. I know that mixed bag of feelings you have. Keeping you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no words of encouragement and I really hate that because you have encouraged me so much during our blog-friendship. ((hugs)) and prayers are all yours, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dear ST...I know....the fear is the worst. It grabs you in the middle of the night. It takes your breath away when you least expect it....but you will conquer it bit by bit. Some days you will feel you have it beat, other times you will think it has you....but you will get by with help from your friends. A dear friend of mine said, don't look left, don't look right, just put one foot in front of the other and keep on moving through. Understanding that this is so multi faceted....it's half the battle. ((((hugs my friend)))

    Filly

    ReplyDelete