About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Friday, February 22, 2013

Look what I found!

I've been looking for some puzzles that would be suitable and enjoyable for my Mom.  I've read that  puzzles (for those with dementia) should be wooden, or very heavy cardboard with not more than 80 pieces, and they should not be child-like in composition, but rather something for an adult's interest level.  I've been pricing some online made for those with memory issues.  So glad I didn't order those as I happened across these today at "Tuesday Morning".  They have a wooden frame, and 48 pieces which are made of heavy-duty cardboard.  They were marked $6.99 each.  I thought these were a real "find".  I chose my two favorites.  When I went to pay I was told the yellow tag on them meant they were on sale for $1.40 each.  I ran back and grabbed up one of each puzzle.  What a deal!  I think Mom will enjoy these, and if not I'll donate them to the Senior Center so someone else can enjoy them.

I think they're beautiful!
What do you think?
 










6 comments:

  1. I am going to Tuesday Morning when I go back home next month and see if I can find some for MY mom! She had a stroke 7 years ago and this would help her! What a find! See? God works out even the smallest details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luvvvv those puzzles, you are so wonderful to be constantly searching for neat things for your loved ones!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those puzzles are gorgeous! What a find! Hoping she loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all beautiful, but you know the ones with horses especially caught my eye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all beautiful. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of "tuesday morning". These are just beautiful!!!!. I am going to google the place and see what I can find. I'm so happy for you. It feels good to get something in place that will "work" isn't it? BTW have you read the 36 hour day. A great resource...

    Filly

    ReplyDelete