About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Monday, February 25, 2013

Waiting.


I don't know anyone who really enjoys waiting.
Since early childhood we're taught to "take turns" and wait patiently for it to become our turn.  We don't usually like it, even though we understand it.

We're waiting for a court date, and it's been a slow wait.
The court date will mark a BIG day in our family life.
The evaluations have been made.
Backgrounds have been checked
Information has been gathered.
And depending upon the Judges decision, Mom will either stay at the assisted living center or she will come to live with us. It's an eerie thing to realize this big decision will be made by someone who doesn't really know any of us.  Mom's future hinges upon a stack of papers full of personal information.  I don't think I would like to be a Judge and have to make these decisions. . . I have decided to be at peace with however the Judge rules.  I hope that Mom can do the same.

The court date inches closer each day
and the waiting continues. . .

5 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! Prayers for God's perfect plan for all of you! I so agree - waiting is THE hardest part! While you are waiting - I hope you get to sleep in a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well and the right decision is made. Fortunately we have a power of attorney so there's one step we can skip. It is hard watching your parents grow old and then you become the parent. Praying for patience and right decisions for your family. Only God knows the perfect plan...........Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. POA makes a HUGE difference - we would not be going through these legalities if POA had been in place. Hope all goes smoothly for you and your family.

      Delete
  3. I had power of attorney in place with my mom, so I did't have the stress of not knowing and waiting. I am praying for you and your family. I believe God is in control of this. Try to relax and get plenty of rest......Jo

    ReplyDelete