About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

"It's too Late to Turn Back Now"



This is a RANT! 

So aggravated with the attorney we have for the Guardianship case for my Mom. 
He doesn't know the next court date, nor the time- he will call and ask Mom's attorney. Really? 
He has to call to ask HER? 
He seems to defer to her for many things.  He is definitely not the Alpha.

I had several questions today and his answer to each one was "I don't know". 
Then when I gave him some more information regarding our situation, his response was, "well you can tell the judge that.". 

Sooooo, I'm wondering what the heck are we paying this guy for??? 
He doesn't seem to know anything and we are gonna have to tell the Judge everything ourself. I thought an attorney would argue our case for us. 
This guy is a Goober!! 
I feel we're too far into this process to fire him and begin again with someone else. 
So aggravating!! 
My sister and I are two, loving, stable people, and we've passed all background checks. 
My sister is a degreed accountant. She works as an accountant, and is bonded...One would think this would be a "Slam/Dunk case", but noooooo. I feel like we're in the midst of Crazyville... 

Now, I wish I had a Margarita, and it's not even noon yet.


1 comment:

  1. He does really sound like a goober.Based on our experiences with this process, I think there are way too many attorneys in elder care who don't care/ don't have enough expertise.

    I hope he gets on the ball for you soon.

    ReplyDelete