About Me

My photo
Louisiana
We're not the typical family. I've recently become Caregiver/Guardian to my Mom as she deals with Dementia. I'm married, have three grown children and also an 18 yr. old daughter who lives at home and recently made us grandparents to her beautiful new baby girl. That means that we have four generations of women under the same roof. Mister and I have been married forever. . .It's not the life we dreamed about, nor the one we would have chosen, but most days we find a way to laugh and bumble our way through. We're enjoying the journey, even with the unexpected side trips along the way. FOLLOW ME, if you dare! LOL!

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

"I Wanna Talk About Me. . ."


"I wanna talk about me. . .
What I think, what I like, what I know, what I want, what I see
I like talking about you you you you, usually, but occasionally
I wanna talk about ME".        ~Bobby Braddock

I'm preparing for Mom to come to live with us.
The house is ready, but now the real work begins,
the readying of "Me".

I'm a "Slow-Starter".
I've had the luxury of going to bed when I want
and getting up when I want for a very long time.
It's gonna be a hard thing to change, 
but I know it's a must if I want things to run as smoothly
as possible with Mom in the mix.  I need to get up early
and get everything rolling in an orderly fashion.

No more "late starts".
I like organization.
I like a schedule.
I just don't like getting up early.


This old dog is gonna have to re-learn an old trick.
The alarm is gonna go off at 7 am.
Ready or not.

2 comments:

  1. You can DO this!!! Yes, you CAN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look out World! Here she comes!
    Yes, I believe you can, too!! And it looks like that low-maintenance hairdo will save you some time in the morning.

    ReplyDelete